Partnering with parents to help students develop the ability to observe, think, and speak in a manner that glorifies God is the objective of the Christian Academy of Louisiana.
The Christian Academy of Louisiana is founded on biblical principles and endeavors to apply those principles to the development of each child spiritually, intellectually, morally, and physically.
We are a school where…
- Christ is honored.
- The physical and emotional safety of staff and students is emphasized.
- Intellectual development of students is pursued.
- An enjoyable atmosphere for teaching and learning is displayed.
Core Values in Practice:
Our core values will inform the actions and policies of CAL on a daily basis. Self-discipline and an internal drive to succeed are basic expectations for all students. Students who graduate from CAL will have successfully engaged in a rigorous curriculum that emphasizes personal responsibility. Schools operate safely and efficiently when behavioral expectations are internalized by students, faculty and staff. This means, for example, that appropriate student behavior is a general expectation for all students at all times. To the extent that a teacher has to spend time correcting students for inappropriate behaviors, they are losing valuable instructional time. This detracts from the intellectual development of our students. When necessary, discipline will be used to ensure a safe and effective learning environment. Discipline does not have punishment as its primary goal. Discipline is intended to shape behaviors and to maintain high standards of personal responsibility. In short, students are expected to learn from and respond to efforts to help them acquire productive mindsets.
Our CommunityWe work hard to make sure that the school community reflects our core values and mission statement.
Our student experience is different - in a good way. From academics to athletics we train students to know the "why" behind the "what" of their beliefs.
Our desire is to cultivate a community of like-minded families who want to lead their children to live a life of faith. As Christians we are called to build relationships and lead others toward Christ.
Our Statement of Faith
The following is the foundation of beliefs on which CAL is based:
- The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God's revelation of Himself to man.
- There is one and only one living and true God. The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes but without division of nature, essence, or being.
- Man is the special creation of God, made in His own image. He created them male and female as the crowning work of His creation. We affirm God’s good design that gender identity is determined by biological sex and not by one’s self perception. The sacredness of human personality is evident in that God created man in His own image and in that Christ died for man; therefore, every person of every race possesses full dignity and is worthy of respect and Christian love.
- Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
- In Jesus Christ abide all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. All sound learning is, therefore, a part of our Christian heritage. An adequate system of Christian education is necessary to a complete spiritual program for Christ's people. In Christian education there should be a proper balance between academic freedom and academic responsibility. Freedom in any orderly relationship of human life is always limited and never absolute. The freedom of a teacher in a Christian school, college, or seminary is limited by the pre-eminence of Jesus Christ, by the authoritative nature of the Scriptures, and by the distinct purpose for which the school exists.
- God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. It is composed of persons related to one another by marriage, blood, or adoption. Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime, and all forms of sexual activity outside of God’s definition of marriage are sinful.
- Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord. Parents are to teach their children spiritual and moral values and to lead them, through consistent lifestyle example and loving discipline, to make choices based on biblical truth.
- In the spirit of Christ, Christians should oppose racism, every form of greed, selfishness, and vice, and all forms of sexual immorality, including adultery, homosexuality, and pornography.
Our Faculty & Staff
Vickey BrownPre-K 2
Katelyn FreminPre-K 3
Brittany GillPre-K 4
Marlayna Miller1st Grade
Alex Carbo2nd Grade
Dee Bellone3rd Grade
Kate Kennamer4th Grade
Marla Tullier5th & 6th Grade
Missy Kennedy5th & 6th Grade
Brian Henson7th & 8th Grade
Tammy Pearson7th & 8th Grade
Leah DavisHigh School Proctor
Capt. Adin PutnamHigh School History & Personal Finance
Dr. Wade SmithDirector of Education
Veldie DuvalFront Desk & Asst. Athletic Director
Anna BerthelotPreschool Director
Laura nelsonPre-K Assistant
Jean Putnam, Headmaster
What an honor and privilege it is to partner with you in your child’s education. We believe that you are the primary educator in your child’s life. We realize the importance of that God-given responsibility in educating your child to love the Lord their God with all of the heart, all their mind, all their soul, and all their strength. We are excited to be a part of this amazing journey with you.
We believe everyone is uniquely created in the image of God, and as such, we see each child as a unique being. Our teaching philosophy and practices are geared toward helping each child meet his/her potential by meeting his/her individual needs. Our goal is to academically challenge our students, to hold them to high expectations, and to encourage them to begin and to develop their personal relationship with the Lord. We desire that students foster within themselves a love of learning that will help them live up to their potential.
Our curriculum is Christ-centered, classically influenced and non-common core. We continually look for ways to incorporate bionically faith into every educational experience in and out of the classroom. Our program strives to provide opportunities for students to develop sound reason and a sound faith.
As we come together during this school year, we are committed to you, your child, and your child’s education. According to God’s plan, the family is the foundation of human society and we hold that relationship sacred. We look forward to partnering with you this year. As we say, “Once you are a part of the CAL Family, you are always a part of the CAL family.”
“I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are living by truth.” 1st John 1:4"