We are honored that you are interested in applying to attend The Christian Academy of Louisiana. The following procedures have been developed in order to ensure a smooth application process. Please read the Application Timeline and the Steps to Admission below.
1. Visit our website and learn about our school. Review our Mission Statement, Core Values, and Statement of Faith located in the “About Us” section of the website. Be prepared to discuss these documents in the Family Interview.
2. Secure necessary documents. The following documents must be received before the Family Interview. The admissions committee reserves the right to speak with anyone who completes recommendations for the student.
3. Complete the online pre-application. The deadline for Priority Enrollment is April 15th, and parents are encouraged to apply before this deadline. However, applications are considered on a space available basis throughout the year. Click HERE to apply.
4. Pay the application fee. The $75 application fee is due at the time of the Family Interview. We will not interview without a completed pre-application, the documents from Step 3, and paid application fee.
5. Schedule a Family Interview. At least one parent or guardian must be present with the student for the Family Interview to be complete. The Christian Academy seeks to partner with families to help their children develop the ability to observe, think and speak in a manner that glorifies God. A student will not succeed at TCAL unless the family is supportive of the mission, vision and core values of the school. Call 225-364-3734 during office hours 7:00 am – 2:00 pm to schedule an interview, or submit a request form via the school website.
6. Schedule a Student Interview. Students in the 6th grade and up will sit for an individual interview. This will help the admissions panel assess the attitude of the student and the contribution he or she will bring to our student body. Parents will be provided a list of interview topics upon request at the time of the student interview. Student interviews can occur directly after the Family Interview if time allows.
7. Attend a readiness test session (students 1st grade and up). TCAL offers a challenging academic environment. The score on the readiness test is not the only factor in determining acceptance; however, it helps our teachers determine if a child will be successful in the grade they are applying for, or if remediation is necessary. Readiness tests will be scheduled so that multiple students can attend; as such these dates are not flexible. Testing will cover the areas of reading, writing and math. The test is not timed, but typically takes 60-90 minutes.
8. Acceptance. Applications received during priority enrollment will be reviewed by late April. Acceptance letters for priority students will be sent out no later than mid-June. Applications received after the April 15th deadline will be reviewed at the next meeting of the admissions committee. Acceptance letters for open enrollment students will be sent out on an individual basis. Acceptance means that we believe your family is committed to partnering with The Christian Academy in its mission statement, and that with your support the student will be successful at TCAL. Students will be accepted based on the following criteria:
9. Admittance only occurs when the accepted student has been awarded a seat in a specific class. If classes are full, accepted students will be placed on the wait list and ranked according to the quality of the application, not on a first come first serve basis. Annual Fees are due upon Admittance. Click HERE to see the Fee Schedule.
Now available for download under "Parent Life" >"Handbook & Documents." and "School Supply Lists"